Saturday, December 5, 2009

musikero100

It is an evening in December, 2009. I have finally decided to blog, an urge long resisted by an inner tendency to favor the pen over higher technology. But the world moves on, and I continually humble myself in this mad, hastily-changing world, with a constant inner prayer for it to be, hopefully, changing for the better.

This first blog will be among many, as I intend to transfer most of my usual energy for my bedside notebook and pen into this blog. Gone are those days that people wrote to themselves, hoping that one day, their truths may filter into some mass medium, and might ultimately reach some kindred souls, or change some stubborn minds. Nowadays, everyone can just throw it out there. In fits of anger or inspiration, without much reconsideration, thoughts of countless people are currently being hurled into the electric air. It's amazing, and daunting, and mildly disorienting. But that's the way the world has chosen to change. So here I am.

Maybe one day, all people will have blogs. I wonder whom we will choose to listen to? At that point when the whole world is already writing and speaking all at the same time, I wonder how we will choose who to listen to, to affect us, to lead our thoughts, or to calibrate our opinions? Or will our minds evolve into such great capacity that we can all eventually listen to each other, all at the same time? Is there such unity of thoughts and souls in store for this mankind? Will technology really do that? Should it?

You have to forgive my 1st entry. It's late at nght, and I am fumbling around with a new way of speaking my thoughts, wondering if my thoughts will even matter anymore. All I know for now is that if I don't speak my mind, I will not find sleep. And sometimes, sleep, as I misquote an old song, is the only freedom that I know.