Friday, December 25, 2009

Musikero100 in simple terms





It’s Christmas day. We finally had a meaningful Christmas party last night. Only loved ones, with quiet prayer. We sang songs to each other, exchanged simple gifts. The hit of the night was the Christmas CD / album that my little sister Minette and my niece Zoe recorded. We played their 8-song album in loop the whole night.

Minette and Zoe planned the whole thing. I was just their studio technician. I recorded their voices in one week, with Zoe’s dad, Wings (my 1st cousin). I was also their driver, when they had to go to their pictorial. I was also the make-up consultant. Zoe, a 13-year old girl, designed the entire layout on Photoshop. Minette prepared all lyrics, study CD’s, and mock up album layouts. It was a small project, but done well, in the right way. I’ve made a lot of albums, but right now, I’m most proud of this one.


Musikero100 in simple terms:

The 1st general assembly is on January 15, Friday, 8pm. Registration is at 7pm. Show starts at 8pm. To be held in Timog. Details to follow. I promise to explain this all very clearly. But to appease the curious, here’s a quick and concise explanation.

Imagine this:

A hundred Musikero supporters. In one place, meeting 4x a year. Jamming, singing, drinking, partying, planning.

1st and foremost, I present the project for the quarter. For example, I propose a new album concept: Jimmy Bondoc Originals, with a 4-piece string section. Just as an example. And after I propose, we decide it’s worth doing.

Each member of the Musikero100 commits to buying this album, 10 pieces only, at P300 each (less than 10 dollars), a standard price. This member must have 9 other people to sell to. That’s the core of the concept. Yes, I know, it sounds like a downline. It is.

But remember, it’s not for profit. We do this to support a project of our choosing, so that it actually happens. So many ideas just go down the drain, just because record labels think it won’t sell. In Musikero100, we assure the artist that it will sell at least 1000 pieces. A small amount. But since we have no marketing expenses, no useless spending on promotion, then 1000 pieces is a good enough amount.
1000 assured sales will raise 300,000 pesos. It might sound big to some. It’s not. CD recording and CD reproduction cost around that much. I’m hoping we can set aside some of the money for the street children.

STREET CHILDREN?? What is this? A record label, or a charity?

You asked for a quick explanation, that's it. That’s the project, in a nutshell. For more details, come to the assembly / party on Jan. 15, 2010. It will be fun, meaningful, and red wine-filled, for people like me.

I hope to see you on January 15. I won’t be spending on you, you won’t be spending on me. Ok? Bring enough money for your own drinks and food. We’ve only just begun, so we still don’t have budgets for parties. It’s just a small place anyway, and the food prices are reasonable. Next time, let’s set aside some money for our meetings. Right now, it’s KKB. Is that ok with everyone? I hope so. Wala naman tayong choice :) See you there, save the date.